Sunday, December 18, 2011

Getting Better

I once heard my teacher Dharma say that during childhood/adolescence/teenage years, we work off a lot of old karma. Those years can be full of frustration as a result of inability to express ourselves, make our own decisions, or be fully understood by those around us. This perspective gave me a newfound compassion for the young and understanding of their sometimes questionable choices. It also gave me the opportunity to look back at my own youthful transgressions with less judgement. And who knows, maybe in 15 years, I'll be looking back on my life now wondering what the heck I was thinking, but I am trying to get better. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Okay I really love this song and your post. And of course I love you! I am glad I have people like you in my life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole! I LOVE this "Get Better" song. How beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete