Thursday, September 22, 2011

Portland VegFest 2011

This past weekend I found myself back in Portland for this year's VegFest. For two days a wonderful group of vegans, vegetarians, and our friends took over a section of the Portland Convention Center and the city's many veg-friendly establishments. In the past four months, I have been fortunate to have made four trips (yes, one a month) to Portland and have fallen in love with the city and it's ultra-friendly inhabitants. With no more trips planned there this year, I will definitely be missing it! However, this last trip for VegFest really packed in so many reasons why I love the city. I saw so many people who were strangers four months ago, but who I now enthusiastically call friends, I visited some of my favorite businesses, and I even had the opportunity to spend time with some of the real veg pioneers who have been making vegetarian food business a reality for over three decades!

So, it was total icing on the cake that I had been invited to speak about The Yoga of Veganism at this year's VegFest. It was a thoughtful, inspiring, and dedicated group who attended the Saturday 11am talk. I was so touched to run into the talk's attendees throughout the weekend to hear how the teachings of yoga have impacted their lives. I hope that everyone I met will continue to keep in touch in some way and that I will see you all again!

Below, you can find an edited video with some parts of the talk given at VegFest. This talk included so much that is so close to my heart. Please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment